Stem cell treatments are at the forefront of treatment options here at Unique Pain Medicine. They are safe to use on a variety of back, neck, joint, nerve, and other types of pain you may be suffering from. Stem cell treatments and are a great option for non-invasive procedures for chronic pain.
Stem Cells Provide Concentrated Stem Cells That Allow For Regenerative Possibilities For Muscles, Ligaments, And Discs Within The Spine.
Stem cells are potent, primitive cells found throughout your body which are responsible for healing tissue. As we get older or due to injury, the number of stem cells we have diminish.
- Autologous Graft – Taking one’s own stem cells to treat a particular body part. Tissues like fat, bone marrow, and blood naturally contain adult stem cells. These tissues are extracted from the body and prepared in order to purify and concentrate the stem cells. Once this is accomplished, the adult stem cells can be injected back into the same person’s body part of interest for treatment.
- Allograft – Taking stem cells from a donor and introducing them into another. A stem cell allograft is much simpler than a conventional allograft (i.e. organ transplant) – stem cells do not require compatibility matching or immune system suppression to prevent tissue rejection. Stem cells do not trigger an immune reaction or have a risk of being rejected. The cells are harvested from a donor and then prepared like an autologous graft. However, the cells will need to be preserved until they are ready to be used for treatment in the recipient.
If you’re seeking help for pain management, please contact us at 929-363-0303 or book your appointment online.
Typical Benefits Of Stem Cell Treatment
- Safe and effective treatment for pain reduction.
- No rejection risk so your body will not fight against the stem cells.
- Reduction in pain medication.
- Promotes tissue growth and reduces inflammation.
- Cytokines for pain relief.
How Stem Cell Therapy Works
The stem cell procedure gives the body the best option of repairing itself. Stem cells can develop into new tissue such as muscle, bone, cartilage, or blood cells at the direction of your body’s own natural healing system.
The stem cell therapy is performed as an out-patient procedure with the ability to return to low impact functions the same day. The amniotic stem cells are delivered via an injection much like a corticosteroid or steroid shot. Ultrasound guidance ensures proper placement of the cells.
Some patients report mild pain at the injection site for about 48-72 hours. Patients can expect a gradual decrease in pain as growth factors work to heal and regenerate damaged tissues.
Conditions Treated With Stem Cells
Stem cell therapy injections have been used for patients suffering from knee, back, neck, joint, and a wide variety of other pain issues. Stem cell treatments are still undergoing investigation and are studied for a multitude of acute and chronic conditions. We may recommend them for pain, inflammation, and torn or damaged tissues. Some conditions that may be considered are:
- Lower back pain.
- Meniscus and cartilage injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries.
- Degenerative disc disease.
- Knee, shoulder, or other joint pain.
- Tennis elbow.
- Neck pain.
A thorough consultation with a doctor will include determining whether you are a good candidate for this ground-breaking therapy. If you are suffering from issues due to knee, back, neck, joint, or nerve pain and would like restored movement without pain, please contact us at 929-363-0303 or schedule your appointment online.